- Botanical Name: Capsicum Annum
- Family: Solanaceae
- Hindi name: Mirchi
- Part Used: Fruit, Seed
- Form Available: Dry Chilli with Stem, Dry Chilli Stemless, Crushed Chillies, Red Chilli Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, Birds Eye Chilli Powder, White chilli powder
- Packing: 100g, 400g, 1kg, 5kg, 10kg
Chillies are one of the largest traded spices in the international market. Chillies are also known as Red Chillies, Capsicum, and Paprika depending on the species and variety. This spice is extensively used for food flavoring and coloring and also for certain medicinal properties. Red Chillies are available in a number of varieties, colors and fragrances. Used in various ways as ground form, seeds, whole form, powder, paste, chillis revolutionized the cooking of tropical countries by their flavor, color and taste. They have a chemical effect on our bodies as they stimulate the appetite and also cool the body.
Used in various ways as ground form, seeds, whole form, powder, paste, chillis revolutionized the cooking of tropical countries by their flavor, color and taste. They have a chemical effect on our bodies as they stimulate the appetite and also cool the body. Chilli is mostly used in its powdered form in day-to-day cuisine. Chili powder is used in making various seasonings like Sauces, Chutneys & Pickles". Red chili powder is also useful in making various seasonings like Sauces, Chutneys & Pickles. Crushed red Chillis are Semi-Crushed form of Whole Chillies and are widely used throughout the world to be sprinkled over Pizzas.
Red Chilli Powder
Chilli Powder is one of the largest traded spices in the international market. Red Chilli Powder is one of the popular varieties of the Chilli Powder. Extensively used for food flavoring and coloring, Red Chilli Powder also has certain medicinal properties. Chillies are available in a number of varieties, colors and fragrances.
• Dry and powdered chillies are widely used for coloring and flavoring in different cuisines and dishes. It is also used as a major ingredient in different seasonings, pepper sauce. Red Chilli powder is widely used for natural food coloring.
• Chillies are used for controlling rheumatic disorders. It is also a good source of vitamin C.
Dry Birds Eye Chilli Powder
Dry Birds Eye Chillies, also known as African Birds Eye. Whole Dried Chilli, are found all over Africa. They are very small conical chillies, 1-1.6 cm long. Widely used in a lot in Asian and Thai cooking, Dry Bird's Eye Chilli Powder are also ideal for infusing with olive oil and can be used in salad dressing. These are small red and green fresh chillies are also known as Thai or bird's eye chillies. Spicy in flavor, these chillies can be red, green, yellow or brown in color.
• These are wild peppers used in ceviche and salsas. Also, these are ideal for infusing with olive oil for a salad dressing.
Crushed Red Chilli
Crushed Red Chilli Powder is preferred hot pepper of many Mexican cooks. These hot Red Chilli Peppers have a flavor similar to jalapenos. Slender 2-3" long, with thin & pointed pods covered with a thin glossy skin, Crushed Red Chillies mature to a deep red color and are very hot. Due to their thin skin, these are perfect for grinding into powder when dries. Perfect for adding some extra spice to any Mexican or other dish, these Crushed Red Chilli Powder can also be used in chilli sauces, soups and stews.
• Crushed Red Chilli Powder goes well in vinegars and hot pepper oils.
• These are suitable for craft use in addition to culinary.
• Perfect for use in chilli sauces, soups and stews
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
Popular amongst Asians and in other parts of the world, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder imparts a rich flavor and color to the dishes. Vibrant and tasty Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder is mostly used in tandoori and other barbecue marinades. It is mainly used in Indian and Pakistani curries to create the attractive red color.